Sunday, April 18, 2010

So, what is this all about?

I have been feeling the need to start a public, topical blog for a while now, but I've been unable to come up with a concept. There are so many things to write about, and yet, writer's block is a difficult hurdle to overcome.

But there are certainly topics I am known to ramble about. Children's entertainment often seems to come up, be it Sesame Street, Disney movies, the Baby-Sitters Club, or maybe even Arthur. And I am known to segue into how girls and women fare in these particular works, and what young girls might be taking away from it. Although you DO NOT want to get me started on the dangerous messages in the Twilight saga, there are plenty of other subjects I can pontificate on amicably, maybe even articulately. Let's find out together, shall we?

Although Disney is most likely to be scrutinized regularly, there's too much out there to limit myself to just one creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment